Environmental Markets 2012November 19, 2012
Sustainable Prosperity (SP) is releasing its first annual report tracking the value of Canada’s environmental markets. The 57 markets covered in this report transact nearly half a billion dollars of payments annually. This value will increase as new markets like the Quebec greenhouse gas cap-and-trade system develop. SP’s report analyses the state of development of Canadian environmental markets, and makes recommendations to help further the development of well-functioning markets, to contribute to environmental quality and economic prosperity. Markets addressing biodiversity and habitat conservation, water quality, water quantity, climate change, and air quality can provide environmental benefits inexpensively if they are well-designed markets. For investors, they also represent an opportunity for exposure to a new and growing asset class.
- Read the Report Here.
- Read the Executive Summary for Policy Makers Here.
- Read the Executive Summary for the Financial Sector Here.
- Read the Annex Here.
- Read the "Pricing the Priceless" Press Release Here.
- Watch the Event Here.
- Watch Alex Wood's Interview on environmental markets on BNN.
- Watch Ricardo Bayon, Partner and Co-Founder, EKO Asset Management Partners, on monetizing environmental assets on BNN.
- Watch Trevor Sikorski, Head of Environmental Market Research, Barclays, on how carbon markets work on BNN.
Sign up. Stay informed.